SaaS Protection for Microsoft 365: Simple, Automated and Secure Backup
With more and more businesses relying on Microsoft 365 to run their daily operations, there’s a need for more advanced backup and data protection than what Microsoft can provide. We offer SaaS Protection for Microsoft 365, the leading cloud-to-cloud backup product providing an all-in-one backup, restore and export solution that covers Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams.
Microsoft 365 is Not Automatically Protected
Data backup in the cloud is proven to be just as important as traditional on-premise IT backup. So much so, Microsoft recommends a third-party solution to securely backup your cloud data to avoid any possible data loss risks. An astonishing 1 in 3 companies reports losing data stored in cloud-based applications. The single leading cause of this data loss? Human error. With more and more companies depending on Microsoft 365 for collaboration and business operations, these risks are impossible to ignore.
Did you know? 64% of SaaS ransomware attacks occurred on Microsoft 365
Why Microsoft 365 Backup is Insufficient
There is a misconception that Microsoft provides sufficient backup, but this is not the case. Let’s take a look at why relying on Microsoft to keep your business data safe puts you at risk and how data loss can occur:
- Ransomware: If your business suffers a ransomware attack, this puts you at risk of losing not only your valuable business data but also a hefty sum of money to criminals—without any guarantee your files will be unlocked. Microsoft recommends third-party backup as the only way to recover from data loss associated with ransomware encryption.
- Permanent deletion: When a SharePoint Online administrator deletes a site collection, all data will be placed in the Recycle Bin where it is kept for 93 days. It is automatically and permanently deleted after this time, and there is no rollback option.
- Inactive licenses: An active Microsoft 365 license is required to access data. Unfortunately, inactive or deprovisioned user data is permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- App outages: Uptime is great until an outage occurs, planning for the unexpected is key to recovering quickly when an app outage occurs.
Why SaaS Protection for Microsoft 365?
While Microsoft 365 does include primitive restore capabilities for lost data, two major issues arise when using their tools: lost data and lost time. Therefore an independent data backup solution separated from the app itself is necessary to avoid the most common data loss pitfalls. The result? Peace of mind knowing that your critical Microsoft 365 data is backed up 3X a day. Our SaaS Protection also gives you the option to store an unlimited amount of data in a private, purpose-built cloud maintained by Datto, our vendor solution partner.
SaaS Protection Recovers
- OneDrive: All files (including One Note) and folders with file structure intact.
- Contacts: All contact information (excludes photos).
- Calendar: Events (including recurrence, attendees, notes), attachments and any calendars owned by users.
- Mail: All emails, attachments, notes, and folder structure.
- Microsoft Teams: Files, conversations, and calendar meetings in Microsoft Teams public channels.
- Primary, custom, group and team site collections
- Custom generic site lists
- Folder structure
- Document libraries and sets
- Site assets, templates, and pages
Fast and Effortless Restore
To maintain a secure and compliant business environment, SaaS Protection doesn’t just backup your data, it enables you to save money and effort by preserving inactive Microsoft 365 users for as long as you need it. Therefore by reducing time spent on backups, your IT team can focus on strategic initiatives that drive growth for your business.
Data Protection and Compliance
Implementing an effective business continuity strategy, including data backup, can help alleviate pressure and aid businesses data compliance. SaaS Protection backs up data in line with Service Organization Control (SOC 1/ SSAE 16 and SOC 2) reporting standards and supports HIPAA requirements. It enables you to specify how long records should be maintained (days, years or infinite) to meet industry-specific compliance.
Whether you’re new to Microsoft 365 or have been using the platform for years, unexpected data loss can happen to anyone. To see how easy it is to protect Microsoft 365, get in touch with our product experts today!
Leave a Reply